Friday, March 8, 2024

My speech is over.  Thank goodness.  My biggest critic (Me) thought I did okay.   I had worked myself up into a frenzy.  And when I got to the downtown Tulsa Hyatt Regency and walked into the lobby and my picture was on an overhead film feed, and my picture was on ten foot high posters throughout the building, my nerves took another turn South.  I knew it was a big deal, but not that big a deal.  I knew that my book “The Letter” had been chosen by the Okla. Library Association, but had no idea how many people were involved.  

At this point, the book is in the hands of God, and in the hands of all of you out there who recommend it to a friend to read.  Word of mouth determines most of this kind of thing.  And all of you have been overly gracious to me.

The publisher picked up two other books that I have written.  One about Ken, (The Corsair) and another about my grandmother (The Jersey Cow).  It gives me a reason to take care of my health--I hope to see them in print.

No comments:

Post a Comment