Friday, February 15, 2013

I didn't quit!!!  My router or modem or my "something"went south.  The big 'you know who' company promised a new one in 24 hours and when it didn't show, things went from bad to worse.  But the good news is that all the computer junkies in my family clued me in on something they assumed I knew.  I could go to McD's or Starbucks, etc. to use their WiFi.  Like I told you two or three months ago, I am in kindergarten when it comes to software, hard ware and every other kind of ware.  I also didn't know how WiFi worked or what it was.  So I've learned something.  Maybe I'll graduate to first grade.

While I'm on the subject, I will be out of country from the 19th to the 28th, so don't give up on me.  I'll be back to normal blogging on March 1.

Now…..back to Amos.  He's been warned by the high priest to get out of town.  And like any good prophet, he ignores the high priest and the king.  Amos has been working for a higher power than either of those guys and he isn't impressed with their credentials.  Amos is God's prophet and even though Amos didn't come from a line of prophets, he seems to know his business.  Prophesy the prophecy.

So… Amos replies to Amaziah the high priest and says: (My interpretation) Amos 7:15-17  "Listen you dummy.  I don't get my orders from you.  You told me not to prophesy, but God came out to my neck of the woods where I was tending my flock and said: Go.  Prophesy to Israel."

"So you had better listen to what I'm telling you.   Israel will--do you hear me--will be captured and taken captive.  God says so.  I'm just the messenger.  You, the king and every one else in Israel are going to lose everything.  All because of your wickedness."

"And while i'm at it, your wife is going to end up hustling on the street and your sons and daughters will be killed with the sword.  Your land will be divided up, parceled out to your enemies and you are going to die in a polluted foreign land where you will be a nobody.  A dead nobody.  Now get out of my face."

No comments:

Post a Comment