Friday, February 1, 2013

One other controversy concerning Adam that I may as well mention.  Since I commented that I think that there may have been some sort of people here before Adam, and I felt that Adam was the first person who held the Breath of God, I might as well go ahead and mention the verses in the fifth chapter that further add confusion to this subject.

Genesis 5:1-2  This is the book of the generatons of Adam.  In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Because of the "them, their and they" plurals, some scholars think that 'Adam' was a 'race' of male and females.  If so, you have a problem with the fact that the man had a name "Adam" and the woman had a name "Eve."  And Eve was made as a 'help-meet' for Adam.  They were a pair.  Not a race.  Besides all which, they had children who married.  Male and female.

I think I am through discussing the first five chapters of Genesis.  Certainly not in detail, but enough for you to start searching Scripture for yourself.

I'll talk about something different tomorrow.   But Genesis and the Indwelling Spirit is a subject I have great passion about so it will keep cropping up.


No comments:

Post a Comment