Monday, March 17, 2014

A strange thing happened.  The Marine Corp didn't move us for almost three years.  After Ken was through school, they assigned him to a support squadron for the pilots in Junior School.  I think it was also for the FBI.  It wasn't the kind of squadron he wanted to be in--no jets.

We got to really know each other.  We hadn't had enough time together in the previous five years to actually do that.  I found out that not only did I love him, but I liked him.  He never complained.  He really didn't want anything.  He was happy to just "Be" and always indulged me.  Whatever I wanted, he wanted, too.  What a deal.  What a great person to live with.  Life was finally easy.

We always went to church.  Every time we moved, on the first Sunday, we joined a church.  We would visit with the pastor, tell him we were Bible teachers that they needed to put us to work or we would be gone before they learned "who and what" we were.  We would give him the name of our previous pastor so he could "check us out."  They always put us to work teaching.  1 Timothy 2:2 (My interpretation.)  "And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, the same truths you must commit to faithful people, who shall be able to teach others also."  We tried to do that.  I hope we did.


For the first time, we were in one place long enough to get to know some of the people.  For the first time, we made some friends. Then, in the search for self discovery, I started wondering if God had sent us a third child because He wanted us to have one.  I didn't know.  We talked it over and decided "one more" would be the thing that might help heal us.  Not that you can replace one child with another, but because something was missing.  So we had another child.  And when he was six weeks old, we moved.  To Beaufort, South Carolina.  There is no where on earth like Beaufort.  Heaven on earth.

I will not be talking to you for the rest of the week.  I'll finish the story on Monday the 24th.  If you haven't noticed yet, at the bottom of the blog is a place to transfer to Email.  Or you can drag the URL icon to your home page.  It makes it easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment