Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Psalms 56:3 "What time I am afraid, I will trust in You."  I was definitely afraid.  And it took what seemed like a lifetime before I found out that he had survived.

He was taking off in an A4, at full rotation (speed) when his nose strut (wheel) collapsed causing the fuel tanks under the wings to sink to the runway.  He was going so fast that the friction sheared into the fuel tanks and the whole thing went up in a ball of fire.  The only thing that saved him (other than the grace of God) was that he was going so fast, the cockpit stayed in front of the fire and by the time the plane stopped, all the fuel was burned up (as well as the plane).  He was a foot in front of all of that and had time to get out before the fire consumed the cockpit.

I told you that I never saw him fly.  I've never been sorry about that.  As long as I didn't see it, I could pretend that my life was normal.  He would get up, go to work, and come home for dinner.  Just like normal people.

The Russian ships took President Kennedy at his word (you'll have to Google all the history about that) and they turned around and went back to Russia. Cuba couldn't harm us without help from Russia.  So the guys in the squadron came home.  Thank God.

Psalms 23:"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:  for you are with me;…"

Whichever way it goes-whether you live or die-the Psalmist says, "…I will trust in You."  And even when you are living in a valley where death is all around you, he says, "I will fear no evil, for you are with me."  The Psalmist may have written it, but it comes from God.

II Timothy 3: 16-d17 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."


No comments:

Post a Comment