Thursday, October 5, 2023

    I went to Walmart this morning.  I think that is the first time I’ve been there in three years.  My neighbor Jeaninne buys my groceries...I am totally thankful for how much she helps me.
    The thing that shocked me was how big it is.  Overwhelming. I wanted to find gluten and lactose free foods to make an adjustment to my new food regulations.  There are lots of choices, but the most important thing on my list was mushroom soup and sour cream.  Which I doubted I would find.  Surprise! They have those.  Of course they were at least three times as expensive as the others, but I am thankful.  I can make stroganoff.  I can have rice--so I am in business.  Even at three times the cost, it’s cheaper than eating out.
    I am sure that in the past, people who had those restrictions were not able to manage at any price.  But by having an aisle in the grocery of gluten free products, and many milk products that are lactose free, it was not as bad as I thought it would be.  I am just going to have to learn how to adapt--which is not one of my better qualities.  I’ve been relatively pain free since I gave up and did what the doctor told me to do.  I am going to have to conform.  I’m trying.  Everyone tells me I am strong minded and independent.  I think I’m going to have to agree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment