Saturday, October 5, 2024

This morning, I mailed the edited manuscript for “The Corsair Pilot” to my publisher.  Praise God!  It has been hard to get it like I wanted it.  My first book “The Letter” was about children who have a parent who has gone to war--and how it affected them.  My second book “The Macau Mavrick” was about my brother’s 37 years in China.  This third book is about Ken and his time in the Korean war, and the Viet Nam war---and I wanted very much to do him justice.  And the publisher said I had to do it in sixty thousand words.  I have struggled.  I finally got it to sixty nine thousand--and can’t do any better.  The publisher will have to eliminate words.  I just can’t do it.

But when I hit “send” this morning, I felt like I had lost a hundred pounds.  It took a lot longer to write this than the other two books.  I’ve been working on it for three years.  Long enough.  Time to print.  You can get the first two on Amazon, or Chris Hardy in Pryor will have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment