Monday, January 7, 2013

Third curse coming up:  Gen.4:11-12 "And now you (Cain) are cursed from the earth which has opened her mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand;  When you till the ground, it shall not henceforth yield to you her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shall you be in the earth."

 'Henceforth' means forever.  No reprieve.  And the only thing Cain knows how to do (till the ground) will not bear a crop.  Blood has been spilled on the ground and nothing will ever grow for Cain again.

And Cain finally gets it.  God is omnipotent.  He has passed judgment on Cain and Cain realizes that God is in control of the world and has the right to condemn him.  He has no hope.

So Cain cries out to God.  God, who alone can save him.  Gen. 4:13  "And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear.  Behold you have driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from your face I will be hid; and I will be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass that every one that finds me will slay me."

Punishment:  I think it was Billy Sunday who had a sermon titled: "Payday Someday", and someday is here for Cain.
1.  His punishment is greater than he can bear.
2.  Cain is to be driven out from the land he is living in, and from his parents.
3.  God's face will be hid from Cain from this time forward.
4.  Cain will be a fugitive and a vagabond.
5.  Everyone will be tracking him down and when they find him, they will kill him.

I have one question about all this.  Who were all these People that were going to track Cain down and kill him?  (I'll talk about this tomorrow.)
                                       


No comments:

Post a Comment