Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I've been reading the 10th chapter of Hebrews and I don't know which verses to pick!!  The entire chapter explains that sacrifices by priests are utterly useless - that we have one and only one way to cover sin.

Hebrews 10:12 "But this man,  (Jesus) after he had offered one sacrifice for sins forever,  sat down on the right hand of God:"   Done.  No more sacrifices.  No more routes to God.

Jesus said, "...I am the way, the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me."  John 14: 6

So if you are looking for something more you can do to seal your salvation, give it up.  He is it.  The only IT.  All these other religions and methods won't get you where you want to go.  The Bible is our guide.

Heb. 10: l7, God speaks in the first person again.  But this time, the first person is speaking to the first person!!!  "Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book, it is written of me,) to do your will O God."  Jesus was God.  Speaking to the Father.

And he is saying that all the Old Testament was written about Him.  "The volume of the book."

We probably ought to read it.






No comments:

Post a Comment