Saturday, August 17, 2013

Sometimes it  seems like nothing we do is appreciated.    Many times people don't even say "Thank you." If you never get a "Thank you";  if you never are appreciated;  just keep on keeping on.  It is the behaviors of kindness that mark us as the children of God.

The writer gives an example of patience in doing God's will.  He tells the story of Abraham's desire for a son.

Heb. 6: 13-14  "For when God made (a) promise to Abraham, because He could swear by no greater, he swore by Himself.  Saying, Surely blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply you."

Blessing I will bless.  Multiplying I will multiply.  God's promises are always fulfilled.

And even though Abraham and Sarah gave up on having a son, and even though they doubted God, God did what He said He would do.  Sarah  bore Isaac when she was in her nineties.  The son that God had promised.

Which brings me to a couple of verses that I have memorized.  I try to memorize things that I need.

Heb. 6:15  "And so, after he (Abraham) had patiently endured, he obtained the promise."
Heb. 10:36  "For you have need of patience, that, after you have done the will of God, you might receive the promise."

Patience is not one of my virtues.  I'll tell you a story about that on Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment