Friday, November 7, 2014

Becky--who has been watching Bo and Squig for me this week while I am laid up in this hospital--said that Bo is at the end of his tether.  He can barely get up.  He hurts.  She and Pat both say it is time to put him down. That is going to be really hard to do because one of the last things Ken said (to Pat) was, "Take care of Bo."  Bo was his dog.  I love him, but he chose Ken.  He slept on Ken's side of the bed every night curled up in Ken's arms.

But in Ecclesiastes 3:2 it tells us that there is "A time to be born and a time to die…"  I have just been afraid I would make a mistake on this and wonder forever if I let him go too soon.  Pat said, "Dad is waiting on him.  It's going to be okay."

But since Bo began having such a difficult time, I kept thinking that if I tried harder, if I took him to the Vet more often, if I changed his medications, or if I changed what he eats--that I could help him.  And all that did help, but I think he has a lot more bad days than good days now.

It's not "Putting him down" that is hard for me.  I can do that.  It is knowing that I have done all that I can for him and that today--or tomorrow--is the day.

After Ken told Pat to take care of Bo, he started to go back to sleep.  But then he said, "Take care of your mother, too."  That should give you a picture of how much he loved his dog!!  I was number two in the "Taking care of" sequence.  Of course Ken knew I was going to be okay.  He didn't know about Bo.

Question is, have I done enough?


No comments:

Post a Comment