Tuesday, November 18, 2014

When Scott married Stacy, he had two boys and she had two girls.  I got the absolute best two granddaughters and daughter-in-law in the world out of the deal.  Blended families can sometimes be difficult if not impossible.  But this one is awesome.  And the thing is, all three girls love me, take care of me, have me over for dinner often and volunteer to do my shopping for me.  They even come to my house and put fitted sheets on my bed.  (I no longer have the hand-strength to pull those corners on.)  All I have to do is call one of them and say, "I need a little help," and they come on over.

And of course Scott hooks up my back-flow-preventer every spring and takes it off in the fall so it doesn't freeze.  And changes lightbulbs.  And air filters.  And hooks up the hoses in the spring and rolls them up and puts them away in the fall.  And plants my garden.  He even buys the plants.  (I don't think he trusts me to get the right ones.)

You know, you can't make someone love you.  It is a gift they give you.  I am so blessed.  Stacy has been trying to get me to sell my house and move into town next door to them.  "So I can take care of you," is what she says.  Truth is, I don't need anybody to take care of me.  But it sure is nice to know that if  and when I do need something, she and the girls are there for me.

My other three children are two and a half hours away.  But if I need them, they come.

Somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good.

In the Old Testament,  Ruth says to her Mother-in-law Naomi, "Intreat me not to leave you, or to return from following after you: for wherever you go, I will go; and where you live, I will live.  Your people shall be my people, and your God my God."  I can only imagine how wonderful Naomi felt at such a declaration of love.  She had Ruth.  I have Stacy.




No comments:

Post a Comment