Wednesday, November 5, 2014

My arm is infected again.  Five times this year.  So discouraging.  But, hey, it isn't going to kill me.  Just irritate me.  They stuck me nine times and couldn't get a vein--because I don't have any left that aren't solid scar tissue.  I figure I have been stuck over 700 times in the last forty years.  Enough of that.  If God is trying to teach me something, I'm not getting it.  But like I said yesterday, I never get anything He is trying to teach me until I am looking back.

Ken always said, "Pain is weakness leaving the body."  He was stoic in the face of pain.  "You have to keep putting one foot in front of the other.  Don't ever stop."  He was something.  I cannot express how much I miss him.  Every time I have to make a decision, I want to ask him what he would do.  What he thought.  I didn't always agree with his point of view, but it was comforting to know what he thought because he was very, very wise.  By the time we had discussed every side of an issue, I was much clearer on what I should do.

My paraphrase of Deuteronomy 32:30  "One shall chase a thousand, but two shall put ten thousand to flight."  That's a factor of ten.  Two minds are better than one.

I am "one" now.  I liked being two better.  





No comments:

Post a Comment