Wednesday, December 31, 2014

There are times in a person's life that you are so confused that (as Ken would say) you don't know if you've found a rope or lost a cow.  I am in one of those times.  My two daughters want me to move to the Edmond area to be close to them, but I've lived in Pryor all my life--except for the Marine Corps years.   My church, my friends, my plumber(!!!) etc. all come when I need them.

The thing I know for sure--at such times as this--is that I want the will of God in my life.  But what is his will???   I need to do something to make it easier for my family to deal with me and my two dogs when I have problems with my arm.  Timing.  Is now the time to move??  I am like every other aging parent out there.  I don't like change.  I don't like change.  I don't like change.

Psalms 143: 10 "Teach me to do your will; for you are my God:  your spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness."

I adhere  do the doctrine of "If you are confused or unsure, wait."  

God is never confused or unsure.  We just have to depend on Him.  Or we will end up like Christian in the book "Pilgrim's Progress" and fall into the Slough of Despond.




No comments:

Post a Comment