Thursday, January 1, 2015

Well that was quick.  I laid out the fleece--like Gideon did--by putting a bid on a house day before yesterday, and they accepted it.  So I am moving to Edmond.  What a way to start a new year.  When?  I don't have a clue.   My brother and his wife are here in Pryor.  Stacy and Scott and Megan and Greg and Hallie--my grand-daughter, spouse and great-granddaughter.  They all have guest rooms.  I'll be back.  And forth.

I feel like I've been run over by a truck.  I never expected them to accept my offer.  But like I said yesterday, It is all in the hands of God.  I have great relief that I know what is going to happen.

But I dread moving.  We moved sixteen times in ten years while Ken was a Marine.  He had to be on the gulf or coast to fly on a carrier, so it was California, Virginia, S. Carolina, Pensacola, and back to California for a couple of times.  I know how to move.  It's my body that has forgotten.

Now that the decision has been made, I want it done.  Becky says her favorite word is "done."  I bought a townhouse with almost no yard.  That is going to be wonderful.  Weeding last year here at this house almost did me in.  My yard is 3/4 acre and covered with landscaping plants.  It was a lot of fun ten years ago, but last year it wasn't fun.  It was work.  I'm done working.

Gideon was wondering if God really wanted him to go to war.  He said, "Behold, I will put a fleece of wool in the floor; and (in the morning) if the dew is only on the fleece and everything on the earth is dry, then I shall know that you want to save Israel by my hand..."  Which happened.  Everything around the fleece was dry but the fleece was wringing wet--a bowl full of water was wrung out.

But Gideon was still not comfortable with what God wanted him to do.  He asked God, "...don't be angry with me...but...let the fleece now be dry only on the fleece and on all the ground let there be dew.  And God did so that night.  The fleece was dry, the ground was wet."

God understands our limitations in discerning his will.  He stays with us until we figure it out.






No comments:

Post a Comment