Tuesday, May 21, 2024

During this time that I have been so sick, I have taught my class at the church by using the phone and connecting everyone.  The problem with that is that you can’t see their faces.  I had never taught by phone before, and I didn’t know how much I depended on their facial reactions when I made a statement.

Now I know.  It’s extremely important.  Slight motion.  Slight raising of an eyebrow.  Slight flipping a page of a Bible.  Just a huge number of small motions that allow a teach to move on to the next point--or expanding on what you are saying.

I went to church Sunday, taught my class and was thankful to be there in person.  The discussion was good.  The faces were expressive.  I don’t ever want to have to teach by phone again.  But the women in the class understood that I was not able to be there and by phone was better than not connecting at all.  It was so good to be in the house of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment