Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I have spent more time in the post office in the last month than I have spent in all of the rest of my life put together.  I have been drowning in paper work.  I had no idea how difficult dealing with the federal government was.  I don't think I had ever had to deal with the government before.  Ken did all that.

I have been trying to get witnesses to my signature, notarization, and certification of paper after paper.  And that is on top of the fact that all our affairs were in order.  It is truly unbelievable.  But God be praised, I can say there is light at the end of the tunnel.  My kitchen counter is still covered with stacks of paper, but the stacks are shorter.

For those of you who have asked, my four children and I will bury Ken at Arlington National Cemetery this spring.  That has been an entire stack of paper in itself.  Believe it or not, you have to wait your turn!!  Our daughter is buried there, so he will be next to her, directly across the street from the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.  I am now trying to decide what to put on the stone, and I need Ken to be here so I can ask him what he would want.  The entire process has given me something to take my mind off of things occasionally.

I have been reading each night for an hour or so from Ken's Bible, which is falling apart from his use of it.  It has been interesting to read the notes that he has written in the margins.  I have truly enjoyed doing this.  It is so comforting.

He underlined Psalms 40: 1, 3  "I waited patiently for God to help me; then he listened and heard my cry.  He has given me a new song to sing, of praises to our God.  Now many will hear of the glorious things he did for me, and stand in awe before the Lord, and put their trust in him."

No comments:

Post a Comment