Monday, January 6, 2014

I usually write my blog the night before, edit it and then edit it again the next day before I post it.  Obviously, I am not an editor.  I keep missing things.  Sorry.

I have two dogs.  The older one (12 yrs.) was a homeless dog that my daughter found on the streets of Houston.    He was so distraught that even though he was starving, he wanted to be loved first.  He was filthy.  Covered in mud.  Four baths later, she called me and said, "I think I have found you a dog."

I was the mother that wouldn't let a dog in the house.  Four kids was enough mess for me.  However...

Ken and I drove to Houston, picked "Beau" up and realized that his name was Bo.  He was much too dignified to be a "Beau."

My hard heart melted.  He slept with Ken and me from then on.  I was so smitten that I asked Becky to find us another Schnauzer.  We named him Squig.

I love my dogs.  They are such a comfort to me.  I have to lift Bo into the bed now.  He can't jump up on it anymore.   He is going blind.  He limps.  I don't want to think about all that right now.

And Squig is a chicken.  He is afraid of everything.  We had sleet in the middle of the night last week. It made a strange pinging sound on the windows.  Squig jumped straight up, ran to the head of the bed and nosed his way under the covers--where he spent the night.

Psalms 33 6, 9  "By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.  For he spoke, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast."  I think that  "the host of them" included dogs.  They are such good friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment