Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Yesterday I said for you to read the Bible.  Read His Word.  It is personal.

This last weekend I went to Edmond to see my daughter Becky and go to the "Edmond Antiques" shop where she has booths.  I love to go there.  The people are fabulous and the owner, Pam, and the booth renters are all good friends.

Well, while I was there, Brenda, one of the booth renters told me that because of a blog I had written she had started reading her Bible again.  And she was really enjoying it.  That made me happy.

You have to find a translation that you can enjoy.  I like the "Living Bible."  It isn't a translation, it's a transliteration--it puts the thoughts in everyday English instead of translating word for word.  Of course, I have to go back and read the King James as well because I was raised on it.

Pam said she found the KJ thees and thous and all the words that end in 'th difficult.  Most people would rather read another translation as well.  But find something.  And don't make it a job.  You don't have to read a chapter, or a book.  Just read until your mind starts to wander.  Sometimes for me, that is one or two verses.  Other times I read an entire letter from Paul two or three times to be sure I "got" it.  If you need a plan, then get one.  If you don't, fine.  Just read.

Psalms 40:  7-8  "Then said I (God), Lo, I come:  in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do your will, O my God: yes, your law is within my heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment