Friday, January 3, 2014

I told  you that I had read the Psalms twice.  Well, then I read Acts, Romans, I Corinthians and am currently finishing II Corinthians.  So I am way behind on sharing what I am learning.  Losing my DSL for 16 days was irritating.

I encourage you to read the Bible.  It is always new.  Always fresh.  Always personal.  God speaks to us through his Word.  He has a conversation with your heart.

Psalms 40: 7-8  "Then I said, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book.  It is written of me.  I delight to do your will, O my God: yes, your law is within my heart."

Psalms 119: 11 "Your word have I hid in my heart that I may not sin against you."

Anything you hear from a pulpit, preacher, friend, (or me) etc. is an opinion.  You need, no, must read God's word for yourself.  Otherwise you are at the mercy of the ideas that the world would sell you.

The most important thing about reading the Bible for yourself is that God himself promises to speak to you personally.  It's a habit.  You just have to resolve to do it.  Then do it.  Get an easy translation.

Isaiah 55: 11  "So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth: it will not return unto me void, but it will accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I have purposed it."

God's mouth to your ear.  Think about what a privilege it is to have a personal message from God himself.

Read.  For yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment