Thursday, January 9, 2014

I went out to dinner last night with a really good looking 25 year old man.  Black curly hair.  Looked like one of those models in GQ.  He was so nice.  He said: "Let's do this every time you are in town.  We'll have a date night."  What more could a grandmother ask for than to be loved by her grandson.   As I have gotten older, he still wants to know what I think about things.  His brother is just as kind.

I wouldn't want to leave out any of the others.  There are 9 of them.  One granddaughter goes for groceries.  Another just stops by to see how I am doing, or what I need her to do for me.  The youngest of the nine is two years old.  I hope I am around for him to take me out on a "date night" someday.

I can't help but think that this is one of those "I will bless you to the seventh generation" things that God promised to give us.  That because my great-grandmother Sarah suffered so much and stayed faithful to God, the generations after her are also blessed.  Her husband died young and left her with four children.  And a cow.  Thank God for the cow or they wouldn't have made it in the mid 1800s.  In Arkansas, with no other family to help.

Sarah's youngest, my grandmother, had five children.  She was a really good woman and raised her children in the church.  She only had an eighth grade education, but she saw that all of her children went to college, got degrees and raised their children pretty much like she had raised them.

I guess my point is:  Someone has to start doing the right things if we want it to trickle down to the seventh generation.  God says he bless our lives and the lives of those who come after us if we do his will.  Think of all the people you will bless.

1 comment: