Wednesday, October 26, 2016

When you are on vacation, you meet some of the most interesting people.  Especially taxi cab drivers.  They come from all over the world to big cities such as Paris--to find a new life.  Some of them speak English.  Some don't understand anything you say.  But somehow, with hand signals, and street names, they get you where you are going.

I met a young man from Greece when I ordered a cheese and ham crepe at a walk in cafe.  He was so very pleasant.  I asked him if he was a Christian and he said, "Yes."  So we talked about his family and why he was in Paris.  And if he was staying or going back home to Greece.  Like most people of other nationalities, he was going to make some money and go back home.  I gave him my blog card, and he said he would read it.  Who knows.

But people don't go home again.  They stay.  It's too hard to make any money.

Becky's husband Craig always leaves a big tip when someone serves us and does a good job.  He believes in helping the working poor.  "They are trying.  We should help."  I think that is a good thing to do as well.  Not that we don't help all poor people,  but when someone is poor and working hard, they need a special lift.  There ought to be a reward for working hard.  Craig and Ken are the two most generous men I have known.  And they have always been that way.  Even back when they didn't have much to give.  Now that Ken is gone, it's all on Craig.  

God has blessed us.  We should do so for others.

I made it for ten days with one small bag.  The first time I went to Paris, I got everything in a backpack.  I am always amused--when we check in--at how many bags some people have.  Bags that they have to deal with as they get from one place to another.   Not me.  Two pairs of pants.  Four shirts.  Underwear, meds, and toothbrush.  Lipstick in my purse, etc., and I am good to go.  Becky always says you need two things.  Your meds and your passport.  I have never needed more than what I have taken.  Of course Becky goes overseas four times a year.  She has the rig-a-ma-role down.

I am going to finish the Genesis account starting tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment