Thursday, March 21, 2013

Timothy, Chapters 3, 4 and 5 are personal instructions from Paul concerning deacons and bishops and elders.  If you belong to a church that considers all the things that Paul says to the church at Ephesus to be the letter of the law for churches today, well read Chapter 3.  I skipped it except for the last verse.  Just keep in mind that the church at Antioch and the church at Corinth had entirely different structures, which included women.  

However, in Chapter 4 there are a few verses that are worth mentioning because they are for all of us.  Some will be familiar to you.

Tim. 4: 12  "Let no man despise your youth; (Timothy was very young to have the responsibility of a church like Ephesus), but you be an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity."

1.  In word
2.  In conversation
3.  In charity (love)
4.  In spirit
5.  In faith
6.  In purity

Certainly there is nothing on that list that doesn't apply to you and me.  The one I have the biggest  problem with is conversation.  When I get busy talking to someone,  sometimes  I have more to say than I should have said.

No comments:

Post a Comment