Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I went to Edmond for the weekend.  Both of my daughters live in that area.  There are a  lot of  antique shops there.  My favorite is "Edmond Antiques."  I love it.   It is a lot of fun.  Pam is the owner (you will love her) and there are dozens of booths run by others.  You can rummage around all day.

I have always enjoyed looking at things that came from another time, another place.  I was especially taken with the hats.  Beautiful women's hats that nobody wears anymore.  There are so many things to see that bring back memories for me.

 My mother wore a hat every Sunday.  She must have had a dozen hats of every color that went with some special outfit.  My dad wore a hat on Sunday as well.  And a suit and a tie.  We all dressed up on Sunday.  We wore our best.

That isn't what we do any more.  Someone with some better wisdom recognized that  not all people had "Sunday best" clothing and that they needed to wear sweats, overalls or jeans.  So now we wear whatever we want to.  Within reason.  Somedays I wear jeans now, sometimes a dress.  Whatever.  But there was a time when all the ladies wore hats.  It was nice to remember.

It isn't what you have on that counts.  It's what you have "in" that counts.

1 Samuel 16: 7  "But the Lord said to Samuel, don't look on his countenance, or on the height of his stature;  because…the Lord doesn't see as a man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart."

Ezekiel 36: 26 "A new heart also I will give you and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh,  and I will  put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you shall keep my judgements and do them."

I would like for people to think that I have a "good heart".  You would, too.  We have to let it show.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment