Monday, May 11, 2015

As long as I am writing about Paradise, I may as well finish what I am thinking.  In Gen. 2:9 God placed the Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden.  In Gen. 3: 24, he set Cherubims and a flaming sword to "keep the way of the Tree of Life" so that people wouldn't have access to it any more.  That's where the story of the tree of life begins.  In Eden.

It ends in the last book of the Bible.  In Revelation 2: 7  John writes (He is exiled on the Isle of Patmos) "To him that overcomes, I will give to eat of the Tree of Life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.

So the tree was in Eden.  And it will be in Paradise as well.  Since there is one tree,  I think that maybe Eden and Paradise are probably the same place. Perhaps we get to go back there.  In the very last chapter of the Bible, Revelation 22:1-2  John writes, "And he showed me a pure river of water of life...proceeding out of the throne of God and the Lamb.  In the midst of the street of it, on on either side of the river, there was the Tree of Life, which bare twelve manner of fruits...for the healing of the nations."

He continues in vs. 14, "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the Tree of Life, and may enter in through the gates into the city."  The kingdom of God.

There is a city.  And there is a garden, and a river.  And there is a tree with twelve fruits.  The word Paradise means garden.  Eden was a garden.

That's all I have to say about that.  One thing that I am really thankful for is that the Bible says we are going to eat fruit.  That makes me very happy.  I love to eat.  Heaven will be wonderful.




No comments:

Post a Comment