Wednesday, May 13, 2015

I am not going to go to school and get another degree.  I am not going to get a job.  I am not going to learn to knit, crochet, tat, or any other finger work exercise.  I am not going to have any more children.  All of that is behind me.  Now, I live in the moment and it is very good.  I don't have to worry about all that stuff.  I get up, ask myself what I would like to do today, and make a choice to do, or not to do.

I admit that a few years ago, I did go back to college and take Italian.  Two courses.  It did me no good.  I can't even remember how to say the numbers one through ten.  I was on my way to Italy and thought it might be good to say a few words that made sense.  It wasn't.  I couldn't apply anything I had learned to real life.

Life is like having a quart jar full of pennies.  You spend them one by one, drop a few and don't even bother to lean over and pick them up.  Then one day you look at your jar and there aren't a lot of pennies left.  How are you going to spend them?  You wish you hadn't wasted so many of them.

Proverbs 3: 1-2 "...don't forget my laws.  Let your heart keep my commandments.  For length of days, and long life, and peace shall those laws add unto you."

I can truly testify that those are true words.

I've lived past my three score and ten.  It's been good.  I am enjoying the pennies that are left.  I love writing to you.








No comments:

Post a Comment