Tuesday, May 19, 2015

When I was a young girl, nine or ten, my Sunday School room had a picture on the wall of Jesus standing in front of a door--knocking.  At the bottom of the print was this Bible verse:  Revelation 3:20 "Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with Me."

It was a perfect picture of salvation.  Jesus knocks.  You have felt it.  You have heard that still small voice from somewhere inside you.  It demands a response.

The door where He was knocking had no door-knob.  It was a plain flat empty surface, because it could only be opened from the inside.  He will not force himself on you.  You have to choose.  You have to open the door.  You have to invite him into your heart and life.

I remember the first time I felt that tug on my heart.  Thank God I responded.  If you don't respond, it gets easier and easier to refuse His request to be a part of your life.  And there will come a day when He will quit knocking.

Psalms 103: 8-9a " The Lord is compassionate and gracious, Slow to anger and abounding in loving kindness.  He will not always strive with us..."  He will quit knocking.

Responsiveness to God is sometimes referred to as a "Tender Heart."  Because He forgives us, it is easier for us to forgive others.  The Lord's prayer says: "...forgive us our trespasses as (in the same way as) we forgive those who trespass against us."

My son Jon is having a critical surgery in the morning.  I am praying.  I would appreciate your prayers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment