Friday, May 22, 2015

I have been swimming for the past few months.  My instructor is so much fun that most of the time I forget how miserable I am exercising.  I detest exercising.  But I know that it is good for me.  This was the last day before I move.  I hope I find a teacher who is as good as Kim.  And as fun.

Ken always said, "If you are going to enroll in a class at college, take the teacher.  The teacher will be the reason whether you enjoy it or not."  I think that is true in everything.  People make the difference in our lives.

Proverbs 17: 22 "A merry heart does us good like a medicine: but a broken spirit dries the bones."

How true.  Merry people actually do make us feel better.

And I have always loved this Scripture:  Proverbs 27:17 "Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend."

I hate leaving all my friends.  They had a luncheon for me yesterday, and we spent a couple of hours remembering all the years and experiences we had shared.  They helped me raise my children.  I helped them raise theirs.  There were wonderful memories.

It's not the end of the world.  I will make new friends.  But they won't be the same.  I've lived here since I was four years old--except for the Marine Corps years.  I know everything about them.  They know everything about me.  And love me anyway.

Proverbs 17:17 "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."

Proverbs 18:24 "A person that has friends must show himself friendly; and there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother."  And I can take that friend with me wherever I go.







No comments:

Post a Comment