Tuesday, August 23, 2016

"...I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord.  They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."  Jeremiah 29:11


When things aren't going the way you want them to, don't give up.  God is still God.  He is still in the business of guiding our lives.  He has a plan for you.  He has a plan for all of us.

We may not know what those plans are, but He does.  That's where that thing called "trust" comes in.  Even when things aren't going well, we can trust Him because he says so.  He always keeps his promises.  

I keep telling God what I want.  And what I don't want.  Personally, I don't want to suffer.  I'm strong, and I can take it, but I've had enough of that.  But, what if He wants to use my response to suffering to give him glory?  Personally, I don't want that either.  But I do want God's plans to be fulfilled.  So, if that is what He has in mind, I will try my best to grin and bear it.  Because I trust Him.  But......I still don't want to suffer.  I'm human.  And suffering isn't on my list of favorite things that have happened to me.   

Since what I want and what I don't want doesn't seem to change, when things don't go my way, I will just have to trust that He will change my attitude.  I do take comfort in the scripture in 1 Corinthians 10:13 that says:  "There has no temptation (problem) taken you but such is common to man.  But God is faithful, who will not suffer (allow) you to be tempted (tested) above that which you are able (to bear), but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that you may be able to bear it."

That's pretty comforting.  God knows our limit.  Mine may not be yours--but what ever our limits are, God won't allow anything to push us past them.  That verse says God is faithful.

I put a high priority on faithfulness.  I'm counting on it.  He has never let me down.



No comments:

Post a Comment