Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Today, I did something that I have been planning on doing for a year.  I wanted to finish with all the work on the house first--electricians, plumbers, painters, etc.--before I committed myself to something new.  But last week, I knew that I was ready for my new routine.

I went swimming every day while I was in Pryor, but when I moved here, I wasn't able to deal with an exercise regimen that met every day--with all of the workers in my house coming and going at different times.  But I knew that I would have to start back--because I need to exercise.  Which is something I detest.  I don't like to sweat.  Period.  I told you once that I was the kid that begged her mother for a note so I didn't have to go out for recess.

Anyway, I went to the class.  And it was the most intense workout I have ever participated in.  And it is a beginner's class for Seniors!!!  I am so sore.  I used muscles I didn't even know I had.  So I know it will be harder tomorrow because I hurt so bad.  But I am committed.  I will do it.  Thank God, they only meet three days a week.

It is hard to start new things when you don't know a single soul.  It is like the first day of school in a strange town.  Or walking into a church where everyone is a stranger--which I have done dozens of times with all those moves in the Marine Corps.  But there are things we need to do.  Because we need to do them...and we know it.

Hebrews 10:25 "Do not forsake the assembling of yourselves together as the manner  of some is, but exhort one another..."

That scripture is a call for Christians not to neglect gathering together with other Christians to learn, encourage, and comfort each other.  God expects it.  His people need it.

However, I'm going to apply it to the neglect that I have been guilty of this last year where exercise is concerned.  It isn't necessary that I know anyone in the room to excuse myself from going.

No comments:

Post a Comment