Monday, August 15, 2016

Last week was difficult, to say the least.  I got scammed.  A person that I have known for years--my former director of Education at a church I belonged to, asked to "friend" me on Facebook.  So, I said yes.  Big mistake.  His identity had been stolen, and before I caught it, I was talking to stranger and had been invaded by a virus.  It didn't click in at first that this was not a legitimate request.

Anyway, I lost my computer for a day, and the next day it went down again.  Never again.  I won't friend anyone anymore.  I usually don't do that anyway because of all the junk that you have to scroll through.  I am not computer savvy enough to de-bug my own computer, so I have to take it to Becky and Craig.  Which makes me feel like an idiot.  (Not one of my favorite feelings.)

I am through with Facebook.  It's not worth it.  The only thing I really liked was the funny dog videos.  And messages from my close friends and family.  They'll just have to email me.

And then, as if that wasn't enough, I got a new phone.  I have been using an ancient phone for years, but my kids kept harping at me that I needed to update.  So I got a new phone.   Some 6 something or other.  And that night, I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep, in a panic, because I didn't know how to dial anyone.  I didn't know where the number pad was.  And in the transfer, 30 or so numbers had been lost.  I know, that isn't supposed to happen, but it did.

Everyone says, "Oh, it's easy.  It's user friendly.  You'll get the hang of it."  Nope.  I'm not getting the hang of it.  I'm not ready to give up yet, but I am frustrated as all get out.  Patience is one of my weakest qualities--I never had much to begin with--so this isn't going to be pretty.  Anyway, that's why I didn't blog Friday.  But today, so far so good.

God is good.  I have so many people here in Edmond who are willing to help me.  My Sunday class passed my phone around and everyone programmed their numbers for me.  Even the receptionist at the doctor's office programed his info in for me.  I know more than I did three days ago.  Maybe if I learn one thing a day, I'll get there.  Problem is, I don't even know where "there" is.  I should have done this years ago when it was simpler--when there weren't so many options to learn.




No comments:

Post a Comment