Friday, February 10, 2023

Every time my computer updates anything, it locks me out of my blogger.  And forces me to make a new password.  I long for the days of a telephone call to an operator, or a for a conversation with a person who speaks English.

One person I got had a script they kept repeating.  You could understand what they were saying even though it had a horrible accent.  Problem was, they could speak from a card or prompter, but they didn't understand anything you asked.  They couldn't hear and interpret words in English.  So at every question I asked, they just repeated what was written on their prompter.

So when I don't blog, I'm inventing new passwords.  Ones I can't remember for five minutes to write them down.  How did we get here!  Remember when you picked up the phone and the operator said, "Number please?"  If you don't, you haven't ever lived in a perfect world where people talked to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment