Thursday, August 8, 2024

 As I have been cleaning out all the shelves in the house full of all the junk you don’t throw away because someone might want it, (of course nobody wants it) the thing I have avoided ( and I bet you do too) is the pictures.  People used to take pictures.  Now all of them are on our phones.

I wonder why my mom, my grandmother, my aunts, didn’t write the name of the people in the pictures.  There are some of my great grandmother--I just happen to know what she looked like.  So I have put names on some of them.  But every time I start writing names on pictures, I don’t get very far before I give up.  Someday someone will throw them all out anyway.  Pictures you can hold and touch aren’t popular anymore.  We carry them around with us on our phones so we can show everyone how cute our grandchildren are.  And we can hit a button and send them to anyone we want to.

But I guess I am old school.  I like to touch them.  I found a picture in the stack of Ken and me that was taken a month after we were married. It is so cute.  We were so young.  It was taken by chance by a professional photographer at a squadron awards ceremony.  I framed it and set in here by my chair so I could look at it and remember.  It makes me happy.  A picture on my phone can’t do that.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment