Thursday, August 29, 2024

Does anyone wear galoshes anymore?  When I was growing up, every kid in school had to have a pair.  Where did they go?  I haven’t seen any in years.

We had pencils with erasers, and Big Red notebooks.  Where did they go?  I had stationary to write thank you notes to people.  Heaven help me if I didn’t write a personal thank you note when I got a gift.  

Remember the ink well on your desk at school--and the guy who sat behind you dipping your hair in his ink well?  I bet most people don’t even know what an ink pen with an interchangeable end where you could insert a new tip.

Our desks were bolted to the floor.  The top of the desk lifted up so you could put your books and supplies inside.  My friend Carolyn and I talk about the things most people have forgotten or never knew.  We have a lot of useless junk rattling around in our heads.  With new stuff coming along every day.  It gives you a headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment