Friday, August 23, 2024

Friday.  I usually wake up around 5:00-6:00.  Get dressed, take a handful of pills with a cracker or pudding and then....I walk around the block.  I’ve only missed twice when it was raining.
It’s  a good time to talk to God.

Then I get cuddled up in my recliner and do nothing for an hour or two.  I’ve been re-reading “The Saving life of Christ,” by Ian Thomas.  I first read it in 1965--it changed my life.  I was already serving Christ.  I was “Baptist Housebroken” and kept all the rules.  But I was doing things for Christ that He was waiting to do through me.  It’s an exhausting way to do Christianity.

The deal is, “Christ in you, the hope of glory.”  I was pulling myself up by my salvation bootstraps all of the time.  I was a rule keeper.  Saved, but exhausted.  “Come unto me and I will give you rest,”  works better than  “OH! Let me.  I’ll do that for you.”  Say that often enough and you will soon be worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment