Sunday, December 30, 2012

Gen. 3:8-9  "And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.  And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?"

It must have been a dense forest for them to think they could hide from God.  God knew where to look.  He knew where they were.

In the cool of the day.  I like that.  It means that they had temperature variation in Eden.  It wasn't a bland place with static weather.  At some point in the day, it cooled off.

God walked.  I like that, too.  God was in the garden.  God walked.  Now just how that happened, I have no Idea.  Did he take on the form of the man he would someday become--Jesus?   Jesus is God.  He was here in the beginning.  (That is just  thinking point.)  I really don't think I will ever understand all I have read about God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.  They are One.

In John 1:1-3 John tells us,  "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.  The same was in the beginning with God.  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.  Do you remember that old hymn--In the Garden?  "And he walked with me and he talked with me, and he told me I was his own..."

So God said, "Where art thou?"  Where are you.  Where ever you are, God will find you.  He knows exactly what you are hiding behind.  And you can be sure it's going to take more than fig leaves to cover up whatever you've done.  It's going to take blood.


No comments:

Post a Comment