Monday, December 31, 2012

Gen. 3:10-11  "And he (Adam) said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.  And he (God) said, Who told thee that thou wast naked?  Hast thou eaten of the tree whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?"

God spoke to Adam.  When God speaks to a human, that person knows it.   Remember the moment that God spoke to you and called you to respond to him.  You knew.

Adam knew.  God was talking to him.  Instead of being glad that God was coming to the garden to see him,  Adam was afraid.  Adam didn't want to see God right then.

When  my children were small and did something they were told not to do, the fellowship with me was broken.  I was not happy with them.  I wasn't interested in why they did it,  I just wanted them to promise me that they wouldn't do that again.  They had broken the fellowship, but they had not broken the relationship.   I was still their Mother.


When fellowship has been damaged, the only way to fix it is to apologize.  The only way to fix your fellowship with God is to repent.  Tell him how sorry you are.  Admit your guilt.  


I wonder what would have happened if Adam had fallen on his knees and begged God to forgive him? But he didn't.  He blamed someone else for what he did.  Adam was not repentant.


No comments:

Post a Comment