Thursday, December 20, 2012

I skipped the part about naming the animals in Gen.19-20.  I'll get back to that.  First I wanted to cover all the verses concerning Eve, and her relationship with Adam.

Gen. 23-25  "And Adam  said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.  Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. "

These verses have been used in millions of  weddings,  and a  beautiful song has been written using this passage.  However, I have always wondered how these verses ended up in Genesis, because Adam  didn't even have a mother or a father.    Just a Creator.   It's almost as if whoever wrote the passage (which was written much later than the particular time when Adam  and Eve were created) wanted to include the intention of God.  Whoever wrote Genesis (perhaps Moses) was certainly inspired by God.  We see God's intention  for marriage throughout the Bible.

What a sad state marriage has disolved into.  It certainly can't be called "Holy matrimony" any longer.    And certainly God didn't mean for marriage to be "cleaved." apart.   He said  "cleaved unto."

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you got your blog up and running last night. You're doing a great job with this. I enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete