Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I have wondered if anyone is reading this.  Someone told me that they had sent me a comment, but I haven't figured out how to find it!!!  So if you are reading and communicating, I am sorry I haven't answered you.  I will learn how, so don't give up.

In Matthew 10: 2-7 the twelve apostles are named and sent out to witness to the "…lost sheep of the house of Israel."  Jesus tells them  "And as you go, preach, saying The kingdom of heaven is at hand."  Then in verse 14 He says, "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when you depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet."

Those are horrible words.  He says for them to leave.  Go somewhere else.  Did you ever think about the fact that when God invites a person into his kingdom and they refuse to listen that they might never get another invitation.  As a Bible teacher, I am always aware of the people who are in my class from habit.  So I try to reach the ones who listen.  Years ago I asked God to give me just one person each year that I could pour His Word into.  It has been such a remarkable experience to see these women take what they have learned and pour that knowledge into someone else.   And they know who they are.  They knew what I was doing.  They are doing the same thing for someone else.

For that reason, I believe that when the Holy Spirit speaks to you that you should always respond.  Even if you don't know everything, you should reply in a positive way to the knowledge that you have.  And that includes little children.  Faith is a strange phenomenon.  It is real.  It produces a positive response from God.  It's like a muscle, when you use it, it gets stronger.

I responded when I was seven.  I had faith in God with the mind of a child.  I responded again when I was twenty-three.  With the mind of a young adult.  God says that he holds you in his hand.  There is a beginning, but there is also a 'continuing' and God holds you.  Our faith grows through the years as we discover new things from the Word of God.

That's so neat.  What a comfort to know that God has you in his hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment