Thursday, May 9, 2013

This is what is so great about God's word. When you study scripture, it is there when you need it.  David said it this way in Psalms 119: 11a, "Thy word have I hid in my heart…"  When you hide his scripture in your heart, when you memorize what God has given you in his Word, it comes back to you when you need it.  It simply leaps to your mind.

And here is the scripture that leaped into my mind at that moment, the moment the rainbow appeared.

Genesis 9: 11a, 12-15a "And I will establish my covenant with you,"…."And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:  I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.  And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:  And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you…"

My covenant.  Which is between me and you.  And every living creature that is with you.  (My children.)    For perpetual generations.

I explained to my children the meaning behind what had just happened. I told them that the rainbow that they had just seen was ours.  God had given it to us.   I told them why God sends rainbows and reassured them that God was with their dad.  And that God would be with us.  There was such peace.  Not that Ken would come home, but that God was in control of the events of our lives.  We weren't in this alone.

One strange thing about Our  rainbow.  "And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud…."

There weren't any clouds.  The sky was blue; the sun was shining.  It was personal.



No comments:

Post a Comment