Friday, July 19, 2013

Finally, the last three verses:  Philippians 2: 9-11. " Wherefore God has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee would bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Jesus may have been humbled, but that's not the end of the story.  Angels, (in heaven).  People, (from the earth).  And devils and demons (from under the earth).  Everyone is going to bow.  Everyone is going to confess that Jesus is God.   It sure would be a lot better to do your bowing and confessing now.

I have the hardest time remembering to read the Bible on a daily basis unless I am going to use it to write or teach.  I want to.  I need to.  But even with the best of plans I can't seem to perfect a plan to be consistent.   I used to drink coffee so I would put my daily Bible readings on the coffee pot.  That worked.  But I stopped drinking coffee.

So I put my daily Bible readings on the kitchen counter.  Now it's covered with spills and splashes from what I've been cooking.  But I figure a messy book is better than a clean one that you don't read.

Mine is dated, so I write all the birthdays and anniversaries on the appropriate page so I don't forget anyone.  I also write events that have happened on that day from years past.  It's kind of like a really messy diary.  Sometimes you can tell what you ate a year ago on that day because of the spills.

 It's kind of like a messy cookbook with God's recipe for your daily life.






No comments:

Post a Comment