Wednesday, July 31, 2013

There is a wonderful lady that comes to my house twice a month to help me.  When I open the door to let her in, she immediately greets me with, "God is good.  All the time."  She lifts my spirits.

Positive people enrich our lives.  As I look backwards over  my life and consider all the wonderful people who have encouraged me with their positive words--many of them people that had many difficulties they were living with--I am ashamed of ever complaining of anything.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 "In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

Very short.  But full of truth.  It doesn't say "For" everything give thanks.  That would make no sense at all.   It  simply says to have a thankful spirit in the midst of "everything."  I have had many "every things" in my life.  You probably have, too.

But the "Will of God" is that we give thanks.  There is so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment