Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Oddly enough, within a mile or two from those tons and tons of gun powder was a German concentration camp.  The fence around it wasn't much.  Not much was needed.  When you speak German in the middle of Oklahoma, in the middle of North America, even if you escaped there was no place to go.  The only way out was to hitch-hike or to hop a train.

When I was a child, we used to go out to the "Staff Houses" and play inside the concentration camp tower.  It had a dirt floor. That is what I remember about the war.  Except for one other memory that in retrospect was exceptionally important.

We had gone to my grandparent's house. Pops, my grandfather always sat on a stool and leaned close to a round top four foot tall radio, with a fabric screen on the front where the sound came out.  One day,  my parents, all my aunts and uncles and my grandmother were gathered around Pops and the radio listening to a news announcement.  All at once there was a chorus of exclamations as everyone yelled.

"The Jews just got their homeland back!  The United Nations has decided that it is theirs." My relatives were very excited.  I was too young to understand what it meant.


Isaiah 11:12 :"And he…shall assemble the outcasts of Israel and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth."  And He did.


 Ken's father (a Baptist minister) used to say to the church, "Watch the Jews.  They are God's time piece.  Once the Jews have their homeland back, the stage is set for the return of Christ."  If you are a student of Old Testament prophecy, you know that over 70 specific prophecies concerning Christ had been fulfilled already. Which is statistically out of the park.



No comments:

Post a Comment