Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Yesterday I quit before I got through with the scripture that I memorized in the class that I took. (Phillipians  2:5-11)  Since I have it in my head, I have kept it long after I threw the textbook out.
I think of  those seven verses phrase by phrase.  

Phillipians 5:3  "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:"  Jesus memorized the first five books of the Old Testament and quoted them often.  I recommend memorizing if you can.  Put scripture in your mind.  Christ put scripture in his.  I wish I had memorized more when I was young.  It is so much harder now.

Back then, I would go to Bible School in the summer and they would give you a card with ten scriptures on it.  As you memorized them they would put a star sticker by each one.  And when you had finished with the card they would give you another card.  Never underestimate the value of a star sticker.  Two weeks of Bible school.  Ten days.  One hundred scriptures.  Every year I was in grade school.  Who knew it would mean something important when I grew up.  All I wanted was the stickers.

Phillipians 2:6-7  "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:"

Can you fathom Jesus, equal with God, making himself into a nobody in the terms of the world.  For us.  And even more, he came in the most lowly of all ways.  A servant.

He calls us to be servants, too.

Continued….

No comments:

Post a Comment