Wednesday, July 31, 2013

I can get stuck in the letters that Paul wrote.  If I could only keep a few parts of my Bible, I would get as many of Paul's letters in it as I could.  

And then there are others.  The book of John tells the life of Jesus.  I need that book as well.  John, "the disciple that Jesus loved," started his book with what he felt was important.  He skipped the immaculate conception, the birth of Christ, and flight to Egypt.  He made no reference to Jesus' mother other than what appeared as an aside to a story in Jesus' life.  John the Baptist is the first person to arrive on the scene in John's book.  John got right down to what was important.  The life of Jesus.

Matthew, Mark and Luke also tell about Jesus life, but in my opinion, John does a better job.  By far.

As I have been thumbing through my Bible looking at the verses I have marked in Green--memorized--I have wondered what I would give up if I had to.  You know, like in "Fahrenheit 451" where the books were burned.   And I can't choose.  It all fits together. From the beginning  to the end (almost).  That is still coming.  One last thing and then we get a new kingdom.

Good.

"Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."  I am still trying to rightly divide it.

And you can't divide it if you don't read it.


No comments:

Post a Comment