Tuesday, February 10, 2015

My land line phone isn't working.  And I spilled water on my cell phone.  Which means that I am effectually out of commission.  It sure is quiet.  However, my friend Carolyn drove out to see why I wasn't answering my phone and if I had dropped off the face of the earth.

I was in Tulsa all day.  Yearly Mammogram--which always gives me a little pause.  Everything was okay.  It has been six years and I am am still cancer free.  Praise God.  I don't think I could survive Chemo again.  Sickest I ever was in my life.  Some of my friends breezed through Chemo.  I wasn't that lucky.  Breast cancer is now an epidemic.  Much more common than the current hysteria over measles.  You would think someone would figure out what is causing it.  One in four women will get it sometime in their lives.

In Matthew 8:16-17, Jesus healed a number of people.  One man, a military centurion, came many many miles to ask that Jesus heal his servant.  He said, "Lord, I am not worthy that you should come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.  I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me.  I say to this man, Go, and he goes.  And to another, Come, and he comes."  The centurion recognized that Jesus was under the authority of God.

Jesus turned and spoke to his followers and disciples and said, "I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel."

Jesus didn't heal everyone.  And there are some people, some religious groups, who say that you are sick because you don't have enough faith.  Rediculous.  God heals whomever he chooses to heal.  He has a master plan.  We just play a small part.  The hard part is sincerely wanting to be part of his plan--no matter what.

I wouldn't be human if I didn't tell you that that is hard sometimes.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment