Friday, February 20, 2015

When I was in the ninth and tenth grades in high school, I worked for a florist.  They started me out doing funeral sprays--how could you mess that up?  We went to St. Louis to a convention and while I was there, I learned a lot about the shape of your creations and what looked good with what.

The couple that owned the shop had no children.  They took me under their wing and eventually I was doing the corsages, the brides bouquets and eventually flower arrangements--which are the hardest.  Everything has to balance, there are a lot of different flowers to mix together, there are different types of greenery and the bouquets are usually big.  I got good enough at it that I have continued doing that with my own flowers from my own garden for the rest of my life.

I think God must have decided to give us flowers because they have very little purpose but to bring joy.  And the colors.  God could have given us a world in black and white.  But no, he created a rainbow and a million tints in between.  For what purpose?  Joy.  Flowers, colors and music.

John 15:11 "These things I have spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."  That's it.  He wants us to be full of joy.

Matthew 6:28  "Why do you worry about what you will wear.  Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow;  they don't toil and they don't spin."

Jesus liked lilies.  So do I.  When I move, I am going to take some of my peach lilies with me.  And some of the yellow ones.  And the burgundy ones.  Not all, just enough to start over.  I want whoever buys my house to have some joy as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment