Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The reason I ate all the Cheetos was because a local discount store had them ten for a dollar.  I figured that if they didn't cost anything then they couldn't be all that bad.  It was totally out of character for me.  The problem is that I bought forty bags.  It is just one more notch in my downward dietary demise.

Breakfast lately has been spaghetti and Prego.  Which is probably an improvement.  For breakfast, I have eaten a can of black eyed peas seasoned with bacon drippings, a can of hominy, an enchilada, gumbo and rice, and a leftover something I couldn't really identify--I think it was fried okra.  Occasionally I break down from embarrassment and fix some oatmeal.  I have never been able to face an egg in the morning (or any other time) so breakfast is a challenge.  My solution for years has been to skip it.  But my doctor is not happy with that, so I am experimenting with morning food.  So far, so good--except for the Cheetos.

I have quit cooking almost altogether.  Becky loads me up with home cooked individual meals (frozen) every time I go to Edmond.  Gumbo, meatballs, ham and red-eye gravy (yum), eggplant parmesan--so I have plenty in the freezer to thaw.  And I usually cook every other Sunday or so
for Scott and Stacy and my brother Bill and Janet.  This Sunday I am cooking stew and cornbread.  So I do occasionally break down and start something from scratch.  I have cooked at least two meals a day for the last fifty seven years.  Ken always had hot food.  I find it interesting that I have so little interest in it now.

It is a good thing I don't care for sweets.  But I don't like them.  Sugar is not my thing.  Bread, well that is another story.  I have a sweet friend (Kathy) who bakes me bread--hot rolls--from time to time.  I usually eat them all in a day.  I never met a carbohydrate that I didn't love.

Romans 14:17  "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink (and Cheetos); but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit."




No comments:

Post a Comment