Monday, April 13, 2015

April is almost half over.  It seems impossible.  I waited and waited for spring.  The winter seemed so long and dreary and I wanted to plant tomatoes.  But I still haven't got them planted yet.  I can't decide which town to plant them in.  I probably should plant them in both towns so that someone else can enjoy them when I move.  "Do unto others as you would that they should do to you."

I have planted pecan trees almost every time I have moved.  I've never picked a pecan.  I move again before the trees are mature.  Someone is enjoying my pecan trees.  I'm like Johnny Appleseed.  I just like to plant stuff.

God didn't plan for us to eat meat anyway.  In Genesis 1:29-30, "Behold, I have given you...every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat....wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat..."  Fruit and herbs.  They say the Italian diet allows people to live to be one hundred.  They don't eat much meat.  They eat beans almost every day.

We ended up eating meat when God sacrificed an animal to cover the bodies of Adam and Eve.  Genesis 3: 21 "Unto Adam and also to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, (He killed an animal) and clothed them."  They had made aprons of leaves.  (vs 7)  God asked, (vs 11) "Who told you you were naked?  Have you eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded you that you should not eat?"

The entire sin mess we are in was because of food.  But it could have been anything--the sin was that they disobeyed God.

We're still doing it.  And we still fool ourselves into thinking that everything will turn out okay.

Stop doing what you are doing that you know is wrong.  Just stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment