Monday, April 6, 2015

When I drove back to Pryor Friday night, there was a full moon (beautiful) in front of me--in the east and in my rear view mirror, there was a huge orange sun in the west.  I could see both of them at the same time.  Next to each other.  I never had that happen before.  Both of God's lights.

It was good Friday.  I have never understood why they call it "good".  Christ was being crucified.  There was nothing good about that.  Of course, I know he was dying for our sins.  And that is good.  But the sadness of his crucifixion.  The horror of his suffering.  His screams as God forsakes him--"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" The broken hearted followers who have seen their dreams shattered.

But then came the miracle of the resurrection.  Jesus conquered death.  For all time.   The result of that momentous instant is that we will spend all eternity with him.  We have eternal life.

Revelation 21:4 "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain..."

No tears.  No death.  No sorrow.  No crying.  No pain.  That is a place I want to go.

Without the resurrection, we would have no hope.

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for,  the evidence of things not seen."  Hebrews 11:1
Our faith is based on the hope we have in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment